28 June 2008

Why the Blog?

Blogs are fascinating.

So what took me so long to make one?

I guess I just never felt like I had a lot to say about anything. So I decided to make a blog where I can talk about everything. No strings attached.

I started out in the field of education by teaching chemistry and physical science at the high school level. One of the main objectives of science is to help people to better understand the world around them. One of the things I learned in a graduate course I took is that we can gain a better understanding of things by simply analyzing through a different lens. Our experiences, childhood, education, socio-economic status, race, gender, and health all play a role in how we see the world.

I posit that by stopping to trade lenses and being brave enough to experience the minds of those around us, we just might develop some growth of character, knowledge, patience, and love.

So here begins my blog. I hope to learn as much from you as you learn from me.

Have a great day!

No comments: